9to5 CREATIVE ESCAPE PLAN
12 week mentorship for corporate professionals
to pivot into a successful media career
Think of the Possibilities
· WHAT IF you could have a do over and study film, screenwriting, production, etc. instead of the “safe bet” major you went for...
· WHAT IF you could unleash your creativity with a clear path to towards
monetisation and profitability...
· WHAT IF you had the ability to create a world class network like a pro...
· WHAT IF you knew insider knowledge of the industry...
... without paying full tuition again, taking a million courses, investing in expensive gear, or starting over in your career.
Here’s the problem
Or how a 9to5 slowly kills a creative spirit
· Your parents wanted what they thought was best, but “safe bet” careers aren’t that safe anymore. Job insecurity, low economic mobility, and mental health concerns make your 9to5 unsafe anyways.
· Bosses want your creativity only if it can benefit the bottom line, if not you have to “stay in your lane”.
· People in your circle look down on you and your creative pursuits, yet pay top dollar to be entertained all the time while they tell you that.
· You take a million courses but never build up the nerve to show your work.
These people, end up FRUSTRATED, not only with an unfulfilled project, but an unfulfilled longing, and the terror of having given their best years to a soul sucking job. But it doesn’t have to be this way.
Hi, I’m Martín
Heres a little about myself
Ten years ago I founded Touché Films, where my team and I built a 23 Million Subscriber YouTube Channel, made a movie with Sony, and a whole lot of other projects. Despite having business partners that constantly UNDERMINED my creativity.
I reached a breaking point and chose to get away from that, from the constant barrage of naysaying. I started small, establishing a consistent creative practice, which slowly but surely became my new company. Now my CREATIVITY is the ENGINE that gets us projects with streamers, studios, and the like.
I’ve developed this mentoring container, because I believe in helping people who, like me, yearn to tap into their creativity and step into their own power.
WHO I WORK WITH
Think of this as a heist to steal your creativity back
I work with young professionals looking to:
· PIVOT away from their corporate jobs and into the media industry.
· ESTABLISH a consistent and monetisable creative practice.
Why I’m different
I’m here to mentor the shit out of you
• This isn’t my first rodeo, I’VE MENTORED MY WHOLE PROFESSIONAL LIFE. This here program is actually better and more structured than my informal mentoring.
• I agreed to be CEO of company in the red, three years later I sold a controlling stake at a $6 MILLION VALUATION. I speak from TRUE business experience.
• I have 10+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE in the industry, and am still actively producing.
• More to the point, you’ll have access to 10+ years of TEMPLATES FROM SCRIPTS, SCENARIOS, CONTRACTS, AND MORE.
• You’ll have accountability, I don’t only charge so you have «skin in the game» but also because I will hunt you down for RESULTS and give you REALTIME SUPPORT.
• I care deeply to heal your relationship to your creativity. I don’t live off my mentoring, this program exists because of MY DESIRE TO HELP PEOPLE WHO LIVED WHAT I LIVED.
«Play long enough, you never change the stakes, the house takes you.
Unless, when that perfect hand comes along, you bet big, and then
you take the house»
– Danny Ocean, Ocean’s Eleven
HERE’S YOUR ESCAPE PLAN
Every heist requires preparation
When you sign up we start with a one on one call as soon as you want. Afterwards, we begin the first 2-week module:
Module 1: Giving PERMISION
This is the base mindset we need to start healing your relationship with your creativity. In this module you will announce first to yourself, then to your inner circle, and finally to the world, «I am creative». Here you’ll start a creation regiment, creating something everyday.
Module 2: Cultivating Insider CURIOSITY
Learn curiosity and you’ll be an insider faster than you think. Here we create a custom learning plan that we’ll get you up to speed on the industry while also helping you build your inquisitive muscles.
Module 3: Learning NETWORKING Soft Skills
Show biz is not about who you know, but about who knows you. We are an industry built on rapport. In this module you’ll learn how to network like a pro. At the end of the module you’ll have a masterclass with a media exec friend to integrate all your new skills.
Module 4: TECHNICAL Incremental
Fixation on "gear" is my pet peeve. Cameras don’t make movies, people with cameras make movies. This module will explore fundamentals about what software and hardware is industry standard, but mostly you’ll learn not to buy a camera and not use it, but to build a project and then think about cameras.
Module 5: Creating ROADMAPS
My mother used to say «goals without deadlines are dreams». Now confident in yourself as a creative and armed with a thirst for knowledge, we envision your path. We’ll see monetisation, life, career, etc.; if it’s a goal we’ll see to it that you have a clear and exciting path forward.
Module 6: Making a Kickass PORTFOLIO
Finally we’ll give you the tool most need but never make, a centralised artefact of your work and skills. Filled with polished versions of everything you’ve done since the first module, you’ll have something that will wow people make them want to hire you or work with you.
Percentage of jobs a film degree prepares you for.¹
¹: Based on the amount of directors, writers, and cinematographers in proportion to the rest of jobs in media.
Select Past Mentees
Mentoring has always been a part of my journey
· DANIEL started as an IG influencer, I invited him to an internship and from there we hit it off. Today he has a thriving ethical camming studio making 7 figure annual revenue.
· SMITH, was a stuck in his musical and YouTube career. After some guidance he has a clearer path to monetising incrementally his 800K audience.
· NATE was starting out as a video creator. I always told him that within a year he would have a million subs, it came true and his curiosity has made him go even further.
Percentage of individuals who reach their goal IF they have a specific accountability appointment with someone they’ve committed to.²
²: Pulliam Phillips, P. «American Society of Training and Development Handbook». ASTD Press, 2010.
9to5 CREATIVE ESCAPE PLAN
Is an intensive 12 week mentorship container that gives 1 on 1 support so young professionals can build necessary skills and a powerful portfolio.
· 12 weeks of detailed curriculum
· Custom video trainings, custom media reccomendations
· 1 weekly Q+A call with digital whiteboard walkthroughs
· Realtime text support through Voxer
· Lifetime access to professional templates library
Want us to work together? Click the button below to book a Discovery Call with me. On the call, I’ll get to know you, ask some questions about your creative journey and goals.
At the end of our call, 1 of 2 things will happen: You’ll either be a perfect fit, and I will extend an invitation to work with me as one of my mentees...
Or, if it's not a good fit, that’s totally okay too. NO hard feelings and NO obligations on your part — I will suggest something else who can help you achieve your goals, or at least point you in the right direction.
Let’s do this!